- Register your Hotel
- WHY JOIN
- Hotel Selection Criteria
- Marketing opportunities
- Rate plans
- LGBT travel market
- Industry testimonials
- Download factsheet
- STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS
-> Out & About Gay Travel Guides offered on all World Rainbow Hotels guests
OUT & ABOUT GAY TRAVEL GUIDES
Out & About Gay Travel Guides by World Rainbow Hotels provides our clients with useful information about your local gay & lesbian scene (including restaurants, bars, cultural events and other information you feel is useful to visitors). Out & About will help you provide outstanding service to your LGBT (lesbian, gay, bi sexual, and transgender) clients, whilst also giving support and training to your front desk and concierge staff .
“Out & About” is a program requirement:
- The World Rainbow Hotels’ logo must be featured on your Out & About travel guide. Click here to download the World Rainbow Hotels logo
- Participating hotels will need to upload their Out & About on their hotel Profile page on World Rainbow Hotels consumer website.
Some guidelines to help you put together an Out and About Gay Travel Guide are shown below:
- Your Out & About should provide our clients with useful information about gay & lesbian points of interest in your area (including restaurants, bars, cultural events, etc)
- Your Out & About can be as simple as a one-page document (Word or pdf format) listing 5-6 points of interest (2-3 bars or clubs, 2-3 restaurants, 2-3 cultural events) . We recommend that you update this information every few months.
- The points of interest do not necessarily need to be recognized as “officially” gay or lesbian places. You may recommend trendy, artsy or alternative places where you know that our gay and lesbian customers will feel welcome.
- Your Out & About should be available at your Front Desk and/or Concierge for when our clients request it. It does not need to be given out to all our customers at time of check-in.
- Your Out & About will be visible online on your hotel profile and accessible to the general public and all the travel agencies. Furthermore, customers will be able to print it out before they arrive at your hotel and consult it from their mobile device by clicking on the “Out & About” button of your hotel profile in our website.
- Your Out & About will help you establish your hotel as a truly authentic gay & lesbian-friendly hotel as it enables you to prove to the world that you have the expertise and know-how of what is cool in your city and therefore deserve to be labeled “gay-friendly”.
- Your Out & About will help you provide outstanding service to your LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender) clients, whilst also giving support and training to your front desk and concierge staff .
- We believe that providing the right information and support to your Concierge and Front Desk Agents is crucial to increase your team’s awareness in dealing with requests and situations that they might otherwise not be familiar with. LGBT clients will feel this natural confidence, and therefore feel more welcome at your hotel.
- Your Out & About may include local LGBT maps and/or free local LGBT directories (these can be obtained free of charge in your local gay community in most locations).
World Rainbow Hotels reserves the right to exclude hotels that do not comply with this standard from its program. For further information please contact the World Rainbow Hotels team.